Ariel J. Lang, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Associate Professor In Residence
VASDHS Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health
9500 Gilman Drive MC 0855
La Jolla, CA 92093
T: (858) 246-0631
F: (858) 534-6460
Dr. Lang received her undergraduate degree from Stanford University, her M.A. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of California Los Angeles and her M.P.H. in Biometry from SDSU. She completed a Pre- and Post-doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Psychology at the University of California San Francisco before coming to UCSD in 1999.
Dr. Lang's research primarily involves assessment of and psychotherapy for anxiety and trauma-related disorders. Her emphasis is in military and veteran populations. She is the Director of the Administrative Core of the DoD-funded PTSD/TBI Clinical Consortium Coordinating Center and Chief of the Psychotherapy Unit of the VASDHS Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health (CESAMH).
Dr. Lang is a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in anxiety disorders. She directs a postdoctoral training program and supervises in evidence-based psychotherapeutic approaches.
- Steenkamp, M., Litz, B. T., Gray, M., Lebowitz, L., Nash, W., Conoscenti, L., Amidon, A., & Lang, A. J., (in press). A Brief Exposure-Based Intervention for Service Members with PTSD. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice.
- Craske, M. G., Rose, R. D., Lang, A. J., Welch, S. S., Campbell-Sills, L., Sullivan, G., Sherbourne, C., Bystritsky, A., Stein, M. B., & Roy-Byrne, P. P. (2009). A practice-based system for supporting cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety disorders in primary care settings: Computer assisted delivery. Depression and Anxiety, 26, 235-42.
- Lang, A. J., Norman, S. B., Means-Christensen, A. & Stein, M. B. (2009). An abbreviated Brief Symptom Inventory for use as a screening instrument in primary care. Depression and Anxiety, 26, 537-543.
- Lang, A. J., Aarons, G. A., Gearity, J., Laffaye, C., Satz, L., Dresselhaus T. R., & Stein, M. B. (2008). Direct and indirect links between childhood maltreatment, posttraumatic stress disorder, and women?s health. Behavioral Medicine, 33, 125-135.
- Lang, A. J., Norman, G. J., & Casmar, P. V. (2006). A randomized trial of a brief mental health intervention for primary care patients. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 74, 1173-1179.