Dean C. Delis, Ph.D., ABPP
3350 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92161
T: (619) 921-1900
F: (858) 552-7486
Dr. Delis is a Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at the UCSD School of Medicine, where he has been on the faculty since 1985. He was co-director of training in neuropsychology at UCSD from 1985 to 2010, Adjunct Professor of Psychology at San Diego State University from 1985 to 2011, and Director of the Psychological Assessment Unit at the San Diego V.A Medical Center from 1985 to 2010. He is a licensed clinical psychologist in California and Nevada, and board certified in clinical neuropsychology from the American Board of Professional Psychology. He has served on the editorial boards of several prominent journals in neuropsychology and psychological assessment. He has published over 200 research articles, book chapters, books, and neuropsychological tests. He is the recipient of several awards, including the Teacher of the Year Award from the UCSD Psychology Internship Program (2010), and the Distinguished Lifetime Contribution to Neuropsychology Award from the National Academy of Neuropsychology (2013).
Dr. Delis has conducted research on the nature of cognitive deficits in children and adults with various neurological or psychiatric disorders. His investigations have focused on the cerebral organization of spatial cognition, memory, and executive functions. He has also published 16 clinical neuropsychological tests for children and adults that are used nationally and internationally. His current research focus is on developing new, digital neuropsychological tests for tablet administration.
Dr. Delis currently conducts neuropsychological evaluations of children and adults with a wide range of neurological and psychiatric disorders.
- Delis, D.C., Kiefner, M., and Fridlund, A.J. (1988). Visuospatial dysfunction following unilateral brain damage: Dissociations in hierarchical and hemispatial analysis. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 10, 421-431.
- Delis, D.C., Massman, P.J., Butters, N., Salmon, D.P., Cermak, L.S., & Kramer, J.H. (1991). Profiles of demented and amnesic patients on the California Verbal Learning Test: Implications for the assessment of memory disorders. Psychological Assessment, 3, 19-26.
- Delis, D.C., and Jacobson, M. (2000). Neuropsychological Testing. Encyclopedia of Psychology. New York: Oxford University Press and the American Psychological Association.
- Delis, D.C., Kramer, J.H., Kaplan, E. and Ober, B.A. (2000). The California Verbal Learning Test � Second Edition. San Antonio: The Psychological Corporation.
- Delis, D.C., Kaplan, E., and Kramer, J.H. (2001). The Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System. San Antonio: The Psychological Corporation.