Saul Levine, M.D.
5060 Shoreham Place, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92122
T: (619) 507-6142
Born in Montreal, Quebec Canada. Educated at McGill University (BSc, MD, CM). Residency in Adult and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Stanford University Medical School. Instructor, Dept of Psychiatry, Stanford Professor of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, 1970-1993. Professor, Chairman of Psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Science Center, Toronto.
Professor of Psychiatry, Director, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego (UCSD), 1993-2011. Chairman, Department of Psychiatry, Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego, 1993-2011.
Four B’s (Being; Believing; Belonging; Benevolence); Youth in Cults, Gangs, Intense Ideological Groups; Human Resilience; Life Cycle Issues (Vagaries, Variations, and Vicissitudes); Emotional Footprint .
Individual Psychotherapy, (all ages, psychological, psychiatric disorders, substance abuse disorders, PTSD, etc.); Couple Therapy; Forensic Psychiatry, IME’s, Legal Expert Witness; Consultations; Second Opinions.
- Book: Radical Departures: Desperate Detours to Growing Up. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, San Diego, California, August 1984. (i) Abstracted in Proceedings of the World Congress of Social psychiatry, Osaka, Japan, September 1983. (ii) Excerpted in Psychology Today, pp 20-27, August 1984. (iii) Excerpted in Sociology 1985-86. (iv) Excerpted in Human Development 1985-86. (v) Excerpted in Personal Growth and Behavior 1985-96.
- Book: Phoenix From the Ashes: Rebuilding Shattered Lives, Key Porter Books, 1992.
- “Youth in Terroristic Groups, Gangs and Cults: The Allure, The Animus, and the Alienation,” in Psychiatric Annals, Vol. 29:6, pp 342-349, 1999.
- “The Tao and Talmud of Adolescence and Young Adulthood: Being Belonging, Believing, Benevolence,” in Adolescent Psychiatry, The Annals of the American Society for Adolescent Psychiatry, The Analytic Press, Vol. 25, pp 45-58, 2000.
- Book: Against Terrible Odds: Lessons in Resilience From Our Children, Bull Publishing Company, San Mateo, CA, 2002.
- Book: Fanfare for the Common Man: Ordinary Lives, Extraordinary Stories, iuniverse Publishing, (forthcoming) 2014