Changing W4 Withholdings
You may change the number of allowances or the status you’re claiming
At Your Service. OR if you
prefer, you can download a
W-4 form and complete it with your new information.
Sign the bottom of the form and send it to mail code
0737 or fax it to (858) 822-0014. If we receive the change prior to the payroll deadline
it will be effective for the following pay period.
Injury & Illness Prevention Class
- All staff employees are required to attend the
Injury and Illness Prevention Class within 30 days of
their hire date.
- The class is held weekly at a variety of locations on campus.
- Attendance is considered paid time and should be
arranged with a supervisor prior to attending.
- Employees may enroll in the class by visiting
- Once employees complete the class they will be given
a certificate of completion. Employees must submit a
copy of the certificate for their personnel file to
Maria Nerissa Clarete at mail code 0737 or 858-822-0014.
Staff Education and Development
- Staff are also eligible to enroll in UCSDs Staff Education and Development Courses.
- Topics range from safety, career planning and consultation, computer and software education,
and diversity education, to management and leadership curricula.
- Most courses are free of charge with the exception of the computer courses, which require a minimal fee.
- Staff Education and Development also offers free lunchtime courses that cover career planning, networking, resume building,
- You can view a listing of ALL courses by visiting
Additional Staff Resources
- OSHPP Office of Sexual Harassment Prevention & Policy is accessible to staff for questions, policy, private consultation, neutral mediation, fair investigation and practical solutions. OSHPP can be reached at (858) 534-8298 or at http://oshpp.ucsd.edu.
- Office of Ombuds An independent neutral 3rd party to assist faculty, staff and students in problem resolution, counseling and negotiation with regards to work related issues. Ombuds can be reached at (858) 534-0777.
- UCSD Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
Available to confidentially assist with personal and family problems including
alcoholism, marriage difficulties, financial trouble, stress, and
drugs. Their office can be reached at (858) 534-5523.
- Need a tax expert? You can contact Paul Rodriguez, Customer and Taxation Support Representative in the Payroll office at (858) 534-3241. He can properly advise staff about questions they may have pertaining to their W-4 and paycheck deductions.
- Membership with the UCSD Recreation Center is available
to staff employees at a charge of $60.00 per quarter. For further information, the recreation center can be contacted at (858) 534-4037 or at http://recreation.ucsd.edu.
Career New Employee Orientation
- All career employees are eligible to attend a New Hire Orientation from 8:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m to welcome new staff employees and introduce them to UCSD.
- Employees will be introduced to the university's structure and personnel policies, and find out information about resources and services available to staff.
- All meetings are held at the Faculty Club Lounge.
- .The orientation is considered paid time, with
advance approval from an employees supervisor.