- A career appointment is a position
with a fixed or variable percentage of time of at least 50%
or more for one year or longer.
- Career appointments must be filled through the
- Staff with career appointments are eligible for
full UC benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, UC Retirement Plan, etc).
- A casual/limited appointment can be any percentage of
time, fixed or variable. Only staff who are expected to work less than 1,000 hours in any 12 month period
should be hired as casual/limited appointments.
- Casual/limited appointments at 40% or less can be extended for
- Casual/limited appointments at 100% for 3 months or more are
- Casual/limited appointments at 41% to 100% cannot under any
circumstances be extended
beyond 5 months.
Casual To Career
- An employee may be converted from casual/limited to career status if
the employee was hired through open recruitment.
- If you are interested in changing the position for a
casual/limited employee into a career position, please email
Cecilia Aldrete at email@example.com as soon as possible.