Changing Home Address or Phone Number
Students should inform Thien-Chi Vu of any address change as well as any change to a students home or work phone and email address.
• This change can be done by submitting a
Personal Data Form to mail code
0737 attn: Thien-Chi Vu or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing W4 Withholdings
Students may change their W4 withholdings once a month by downloading a W4 form and submitting it to Maria Nerissa Clarete OR come by the Ivy Building to obtain a W4 form for completion.
Defined Contribution Plan (DCP)
• This plan was designed to provide supplemental retirement
• Students who are registered in at least 6 units per quarter are
exempt from DCP.
• Most students contribute to DCP during the summer when they are
not registered for summer session. The contribution is 7.5%, which
takes the place of Social Security.
• Students who have contributed to DCP will have several options of
recovering their money once they have separated with UCSD. Students
may either roll their DCP to a personal retirement account such as
an IRA OR they may cash out. By cashing out, the employee will incur
a tax penalty of 28% federal tax, 6% state tax and 10% tax for using
retirement money early.