Shannon Robinson, MD
Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-8620
Phone #: 619-543-3792
FAX #: 619-543-5732
Dr. Robinson graduated from the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Louisville, KY. She did her psychiatry residency at the University of California, San Diego followed by a Consult Liaison Fellowship at
Dr. Robinson’s research focus is in behavioral medicine. She has used both cognitive behavior therapy and psychopharmacology in the treatment of depression and anxiety in medical conditions. Additionally, she does psychopharmacology research in depression, mania, psychosis, agitation and ADHD.
Dr. Robinson is the attending on our Consult Liaison and Emergency Psychiatry Service. She also serves as an inpatient attending and does inpatient and outpatient psychopharmacology and cognitive behavior therapy.
- Paroxetine vs. Placebo, Double Blind Randomized Trial in Tinnitus Patients Robinson, SK, Viirre, ES, Stein, MB (in preparation).
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Medical Conditions- What is the Evidence? Robinson, SK, Yoshimoto, SM (in preparation).
- Robinson, SK, McQuaid, JR, Viirre, ES Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Tinnitus- Are Outcomes Sustained For One Year? (in preparation).
- Robinson, SK, McQuaid, JR, Viirre, ES, Betzig, LL, Miller, DL, Bailey, KA, Harris, JP, Perry, W, Relationship of Tinnitus Questionnaires to Depressive Symptoms, Quality of Life and Internal Focus (in preparation).
- Robinson, SK, McQuaid, JR, Viirre, ES, Harris, JP, Miller, DL, Betzig, LL (2001) Reliability of Measures of Tinnitus and Their Association with Psychological Variables (abstract), Psychosomatic Medicine 63: 140-141.